VWL believes the wellbeing of our members and the wider profession is integral to our objective of increasing the opportunities for participation by, and advancement of, women in the legal profession in Victoria. We provide the following resources and links to any members of the profession who may require them from time to time.
Resources Specific to the Legal Profession
- College of Law - Wellbeing Resources for Students and Mental Health First Aid training for lawyers program
- Victorian Legal Services Board and Commission - Lawyer Wellbeing Resources
- Law Institute of Victoria - Health & Wellbeing Resources
- Minds Count - charitable organisation aiming to decrease work related psychological ill-health in legal industry including the TMJF Psychological Wellbeing: Best Practice Guidelines for the Legal Profession
- BarCare - free counselling service for barristers
General Resources for Organisational and Personal Wellbeing and Vicarious Trauma
- Heads up - resources for creating better mental health in workplaces including Action Plans for organisations and Personal Wellbeing Plans (part of Beyond Blue)
- Blue Knot Foundation - organisation providing information and support for anyone who is affected by complex trauma.
- BlueKnot Professional Community - organisation providing training and resources for organisations to operate trauma informed manner whilst managing the risks and impacts of vicarious trauma.
- Black Dog Institute - medical research body providing resources related to mental health including the myCompass tool
In an emergency please call triple zero (000)
You can reach out to the following services available 24hrs/7days a week: