About the program
Now in its eighth year, the Victorian Women Lawyers is proud to announce the 2022 Warren Moot.
The Warren Moot was named in honour of the former Chief Justice Marilyn Warren of the Supreme Court of Victoria. The Moot provides participants with an opportunity to test their advocacy skills and engage directly with respected members of the judiciary, namely judges of the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, County Court and Federal Circuit Court.
The Warren Moot is open to law students, graduates and solicitors.
Participants will have the opportunity to obtain feedback on their oral and written advocacy skills from members of the Victorian Bar in the mock round.
The Warren Moot is endorsed by the Honourable Professor Marilyn Warren AC QC and proudly sponsored by Maddocks.
We will be launching this year’s Warren Moot on Thursday, 1 September 2022. We have arranged an excellent line up of panellists to launch the Moot, being her Honour Professor Warren AC QC, her Honour President Emerton and her Honour Justice Rofe.
Applications to register to participate in this year’s Moot are now open. Get in quick – a limited number of spots are available. Register your team by filling out the form below.
More information can be found in the competition flyer here.
- Participation is subject to the Moot Rules (view here)
- All participants must be members of VWL
- Friday, 18 August 2022 (or earlier if spaces are filled)
- If you are individual and would be liked to be placed in a team, please email [email protected]au to be placed on the waitlist (places are limited and we cannot guarantee a team placement)
- Launch event: Wednesday, 1 September 2022
- Round One: Monday, 19 September 2022
- Quarter Final: Monday, 10 October 2022
- Semi-Final: Wednesday, 2 November 2022
- Grand Final & Presentation Evening: Monday, 21 November 2022
Warren Moot Honour Board
2021 Winners - Jenna Dimitrakas, Clare Stambe and Monique Scalzo
2020 Winners - Amelia French, Amelia Hunter, Olivia Smedley and Sarah Tucker
2019 Winners - Margie Brown, Steph Noack and Beatrice Paull
2018 Winners - Alexandra Harrison-Ichlov, Michelle Ainsworth, Eleni Kannis and Emma Ffrench-Mullen
2017 Winners - Julianna Marshall, Catharine Thorpe, Holly Jager and Paige Darby
2016 Winners - Ellen Williams, Kelly Butler, Bobbi Murphy and Holly Fairhurst
2015 Winners - Reegan Morison, Katherine Farrell, Amy Yeap and Alice Smith