About the program
Now in its seventh year, the Victorian Women Lawyers is proud to announce the 2021 Warren Moot.
The Warren Moot was named in honour of the former Chief Justice Marilyn Warren of the Supreme Court of Victoria. The Moot provides participants with an opportunity to test their advocacy skills and engage directly with respected members of the judiciary, namely judges of the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, County Court and Federal Circuit Court.
The Warren Moot is open to law students, graduates and solicitors.
Participants will have the opportunity to obtain feedback on their oral and written advocacy skills from members of the Victorian Bar in the mock round.
The Warren Moot is endorsed by the Honourable Marilyn Warren AC QC and proudly sponsored by Maddocks.
We will be launching this year’s Warren Moot on Wednesday, 18 August 2021. We have arranged a stellar line up of panellists to launch the Moot, being her Honour Justice Warren, her Honour Justice Mortimer and her Honour Justice Walker. The event details for the launch event will be released shortly.
Applications to register to participate in this year’s Moot are now open. Get in quick – a limited number of spots are available. Register your team HERE.
More information can be found in the competition flyer here.
- Participation is subject to the Moot Rules (view here).
- All participants must be members of VWL
- Registrations will close on Friday, 20 August 2021 (or earlier if spaces are filled)
- Launch event: Wednesday, 18 August 2021
- Mock Round - Teams will participate in an interactive coaching session with a practicing barrister: Monday, 23 August 2021
- Round One: Monday, 13 September 2021
- Quarter Final: Monday, 4 October 2021
- Semi-Final: Monday, 26 October 2021
- Grand Final & Presentation Evening: Monday, 15 November 2021
Warren Moot Honour Board
2020 Winners - Amelia French, Amelia Hunter, Olivia Smedley and Sarah Tucker
2019 Winners - Margie Brown, Steph Noack and Beatrice Paull
2018 Winners - Alexandra Harrison-Ichlov, Michelle Ainsworth, Eleni Kannis and Emma Ffrench-Mullen
2017 Winners - Julianna Marshall, Catharine Thorpe, Holly Jager and Paige Darby
2016 Winners - Ellen Williams, Kelly Butler, Bobbi Murphy and Holly Fairhurst
2015 Winners - Reegan Morison, Katherine Farrell, Amy Yeap and Alice Smith