The 2020 Warren Moot will offer up to 16 teams the opportunity to appear before senior members of the Victorian judiciary.
There is no other moot like this one.
The Warren Moot was named in honour of the former Chief Justice Marilyn Warren AC QC of the Supreme Court. Specifically designed to provide women an opportunity to test their advocacy skills and consider a career at the Bar, the Warren Moot is endorsed by the Honourable Marilyn Warren AC QC and proudly sponsored by Maddocks. Participants will engage directly with members of the judiciary and senior members of the legal profession.
Due to pandemic restrictions, this year’s Moot will be held digitally via Zoom. All mooting rounds will be held from 6pm to 7.30pm.
Participants will be invited to a digital launch of the 2020 Warren Moot on Wednesday, 26 August 2020 and will hear from the Honourable Marilyn Warren AC QC and the Honourable Justice Rita Incerti. This discussion will then be followed by practical exercises on effective written submissions and advocacy, run by Convenor of Women Barristers’ Association, Jennifer Batrouney AM QC, and effective research strategy, run by the College of Law. Register for the launch here.
- Participation is subject to the Warren Moot – Rules of Participation (view here)
- All participants must be members of VWL
- Registrations have been extended to Thursday, 20 August 2020 (but will close earlier if spaces are filled)
- Please contact Stephanie Pasharis, Mooting Coordinator, with any queries
- If you are an individual seeking to be placed into a team by VWL, please email the Mooting Coordinator, who may be able to assign you to a team
- Launch event: Wednesday, 26 August 2020
- Mock Round: Monday, 31 August 2020
- Round One: Monday, 14 September 2020
- Quarter Final: Monday, 5 October 2020
- Semi-Final: Monday, 26 October 2020
- Grand Final & Presentation Evening: Tuesday, 10 November 2020